All of Metro TeenAIDS' programs are designed with input and feedback from young people, and all materials targeted for youth are created by youth.
The Meyer Foundation's Management Assistance Program (MAP) provides grants of up to $25,000 to help Meyer grantees strengthen their management and leadership so they can serve the community more effectively. Organizations generally use MAP grants to hire consultants to help board and staff accomplish work that requires time, energy, expertise, and innovative thinking beyond everyday operations.
MAP grants help organizations:
- Strengthen executive and board leadership
- Conduct organizational planning and assessment
- Improve financial management and sustainability
MAP grants have proven especially beneficial to groups experiencing significant organizational transitions such as major shifts in funding sources, the departure of a founder, or rapid growth.
Only current Meyer grantees are eligible for management assistance. Eligibility extends for two years from the date of an organization's last Meyer grant awarded through the Grantmaking Program.
Funding for MAP grants is limited, and not every request can be funded. Meyer will consider MAP projects that demonstrate:
- Board and staff consensus that management assistance is needed
- Clear definition of the specific ways in which the organization will be stronger and more sustainable as a result of the grant
- Evidence that the grant will contribute to long-term organizational effectiveness rather than serving as a short-term band-aid solution
- Capacity and willingness of the organization to implement recommendations that result from management assistance.
It is probably not appropriate to apply for a management assistance grant if:
- Your need is not within one of the three priority issue areas of executive and board leadership, planning and assessment, or financial management and sustainability.
- Board and staff do not agree that outside management assistance is needed
- Your real need is the addition of a permanent staff position to resolve a management problem or need.
- Your organization is in crisis and needs emergency operating funds
- You are seeking support for a fundraising campaign
- You need an audit and have not budgeted for it. An audit is an ongoing operational expense and is not fundable under MAP
If you have questions about your organization’s eligibility or whether your project is appropriate for a MAP request, please read our FAQ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grantees are responsible for paying a percentage of the total cost of the MAP project based on the organization's annual budget:
Budget Size-Match for MAP Project
|Less than $250,000||5 percent|
|$250,000 to $500,000||10 percent|
|$500,000 to $1 million||15 percent|
|$1 million to $2 million||20 percent|
|$2 million to $3 million||25 percent|
|$3 million to $4 million||30 percent|
|$4 million to $5 million||40 percent|
|Over $5 million||50 percent|