Community Conference Room FAQ
Who can reserve the Community Conference Center?
The Community Conference Center may be reserved free of charge by partner organizations or nonprofit organizations that have received a grant from Meyer within two years.
How do I reserve the Community Conference Center?
To reserve the Community Conference Center, send an email to email@example.com listing the name of your organization and the date and time that you would like to reserve the space. You may reserve the room over the telephone by calling Meyer's main line: 202-483-8294.
What are the hours of availability?
The Community Conference Center is available for meetings Monday through Thursday between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm. The Conference Center is not available on Friday. Representatives are welcome to arrive 30 minutes to one hour prior to their meetings to set-up the room. Representatives are permitted to stay an hour after their meeting ends to return the room to its standard set up. For meetings beginning at 9 am, the organization rep is allowed on site beginning at 8:30 am for set up. For meetings ending at 4 pm, the organization rep may stay until 4:30 pm for necessary clean up and breakdown. For theater-style configurations, organizers are required to set up the day before and return the room to standard set up the following business day morning.
What is required of the organization?
Organizations that reserve the Community Conference Center must:
- Assign a person to serve as the point of contact who will be responsible for completing all reservation forms, being on site throughout the duration of the meeting, arranging the conference room furniture before the meeting and returning the furniture to its standard set up once the meeting has adjourned.
- Complete a reservation form and return it to the Meyer Foundation via fax prior to the date of the meeting.
- Complete an attendance list and return it to the Meyer Foundation via email at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Why are organizations required to submit an attendance list?
The attendance list is required because every visitor to the building must check in at the security desk, and the list greatly expedites this process. Visitors must present photo ID to security and are issued a badge listing their name, destination and the date. Providing security with a list of each meeting's attendees enables them to print the badges before attendees begin to arrive.
Can meetings be catered?
Yes, catering is permitted. Meeting representatives are responsible for placing catering orders and representatives must be on-site at the time that the catering is delivered. Caterers are responsible for providing cutlery, cups, plates, napkins, water, and coffee (if desired) for the meeting.
- The use of sterno heating (flames) is not permitted.
- All catering companies that service the Community Conference Center are required to have Certificate of Insurance on file with Brookfield Properties (building management). To obtain a list of caterers with valid insurance information on file already, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Organizations are welcome to use a catering company that has not previously provided a Certificate of Insurance to Brookfield Properties as long as this paperwork is submitted prior to the date of the meeting.
What is the standard set up of the Community Conference Center?
The standard set-up in the large conference room is a conference table that seats 20 people. The conference table consists of eight smaller tables surrounded by twenty chairs. These tables and chairs are on wheels and can be easily rearranged. Extra chairs are available for groups of more than 20 people.
What kind of configurations are possible in the space?
The large conference room can be rearranged into a variety of configurations to suit your group's needs. The most common arrangements are as follows:
- Theatre style: tables are removed and chairs are set up in rows to accommodate up to 70 people.
- U-shaped: tables are arranged to form a U-shape. This configuration works best for groups of 25 or smaller.
- Classroom style: tables arranged in rows so that attendees can face the front of the room. This configuration is best for groups of 25 or smaller.
Some of our guests can't be at the meeting and we'd like to speak to them by conference call.
There is a high-quality speakerphone in the conference room. Organizers must initiate the call; we cannot arrange for callers to dial-in for conference calls due to the configuration of our phone system. We recommend Conference America (1-800-925-8000) for managing the conference call.
What do we do with trash?
Because the conference center is located in a "green" office buidling, meeting reps are responsible for ensuring that trash, recyclable items and paper are placed in the correct receptacles. Please be sure to inform your guests at the beginning of the meeting.
We have audio/visual needs for this meeting. What do you provide?
The Community Conference Center features:
- Projector and projection screen (equipped with a sound system)
- DVD/VCR players
- Extra table for materials
- 2 flip charts
In addition, a kitchen attached to the Community Conference Center is available for organizations to use. This kitchen includes a sink and water filter, a refrigerator, ice and ice buckets, a dishwasher and a microwave.
Are there any types of events that cannot be held in the Community Conference Center?
Yes. Meetings of more than 70 people are not permitted due to fire codes.
Regardless of size, the Community Conference Center cannot be reserved for meetings taking place over three consecutive days. The space is in high demand and we prefer to make the space available to as many organizations as possible. Organizations are permitted to reserve the space for two consecutive days.
What if I have to cancel my meeting?
If you need to cancel or reschedule your meeting, please send a notice to email@example.com no later than 48 hours (two business days) in advance of your meeting. You will then receive an email confirming the cancellation.